The Secret Life of Mountain Lions
Click here to view the video.
Family and dependent care is not a concept of only human life. Many species, including mountain lions, follow the ideal that children are to be raised by their mother until they are able to go off on their own. For mountain lions, this is normally only until they are about 2 years old. These families are the backbone to the success of mountain lion's survival. In this video, you will quickly become attached to this family of cougars and understand their dynamic. I personally learned through watching this video about how fathers and mothers can be reunited without any violence, which is something I would have never expected.
I thought that it was common for fathers to attack other units regardless of whether he knew who they were or not. Watching this video, I also became more angry over humanity's concept of trophy hunting, which is something that I have always been very passionately against. This video has made me realize that this is something that is detrimental to local species, and even in the USA where these animals are native and local, people still get amusement by killing these innocent animals. And it got me thinking about the anthropogenic point of view that so many have, and how they would feel if the roles were reversed. Is brings up the question: what makes the human family superior to that of mountain lions if they all pose to accomplish the same goals?
Family and dependent care is not a concept of only human life. Many species, including mountain lions, follow the ideal that children are to be raised by their mother until they are able to go off on their own. For mountain lions, this is normally only until they are about 2 years old. These families are the backbone to the success of mountain lion's survival. In this video, you will quickly become attached to this family of cougars and understand their dynamic. I personally learned through watching this video about how fathers and mothers can be reunited without any violence, which is something I would have never expected.
I thought that it was common for fathers to attack other units regardless of whether he knew who they were or not. Watching this video, I also became more angry over humanity's concept of trophy hunting, which is something that I have always been very passionately against. This video has made me realize that this is something that is detrimental to local species, and even in the USA where these animals are native and local, people still get amusement by killing these innocent animals. And it got me thinking about the anthropogenic point of view that so many have, and how they would feel if the roles were reversed. Is brings up the question: what makes the human family superior to that of mountain lions if they all pose to accomplish the same goals?
Trophy hunters who kill these majestic animals are idiots. Shame on them and even a president (orange haired Buffoon) that thinks we are superior to them and they are just trophies. Shame on people how live in suburbs that kill them because they are near there homes. Mountain Lions roamed this country long before any white man showed up and they roamed the lands that all these homes are on way before these people moved in. Shame on the so called animal control and rangers and so on who kill these poor animals because they are roaming in the suburbs. Native Americans believed that ALL animals were sacred and only took what they needed for food and warm. I have watched a couple documentaries that show were cities have been building animal overpasses to help save these creatures, watching them by hooking up cameras to learn more about them as to preserve their place. I only hope that there are more young adults like you that will help protect thing beautiful creatures for your kids and their kids to enjoy hearing about.
ReplyDelete